Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer Etchings



Here is Main Main again. She is my model for my etching plate.
Finally, I am picking up my printmaking technique again.
The last time I did my etching prints that was in 2002.
I love to do etching. The fun part of etching is like cooking.
Each print won't be the same, the paper , the ink color, the press all can affect the printing.
Working drawing on the metal plate is not only one step which is fun.
Hard ground , soft ground, aquatint ... all those technique surprise me sometimes.



6 comments:

Audrey said...

I think I did etching with you on that year at S.V.A, right ? That was real fun!

jane said...

wow! your illustrations are wonderful! i especially like the cake. thanks for visiting. an illustration a day- sounds great:)

m a r i e l a said...

wow! i like cats but this one so much!
congrats!

natsumi said...

Thinking for getting a kitty... beautiful work!

Happy Happy Christmas and best wishes for the New year!!

We should get together sometimes to chat about art... xoxo

natsumi said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog! Sorry, my post wasn't clear... I am not moving back to Japan. I am still planning to stay in the US.

Hope you are having a great weekend! xo

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

I am working with this technique as well, I am having my pregrad degree on it! It's hard work though.. Love the cat!